Insights and Inspiration in the Wake of Coronavirus
The outbreak of COVID-19 is leaving a historic impact on business and personal lives around the world. The influx of news and media can wreak havoc on company culture, productivity, and drive. In light of this, AESC Members have been quick to respond with thought leadership articles and content to help pivot, adapt, and move forward.
AESC Members Share Helpful Insights
Coronavirus is affecting communities worldwide and is putting the economic world and business world on hold. Several AESC Members took this opportunity to provide insightful resources on industry sectors and be a voice of counsel for business leaders and organizations worldwide. The following is a comprehensive list:
Insights on Coronavirus & Its Impact
- AltoPartners offers ten steps to cope with COVID-19.
- Bedford Consulting Group informs on how to turn disruption into innovation when leading through COVID-19.
- Cornerstone International Group answers how HR Can Lead the Fight Against COVID-19.
- Development Guild DDI answers industry-specific client questions on COVID-19, The Economy, and Nonprofits.
- Korn Ferry provides multiple insights on their resources page and the impact on the profession.
- RSR Partners writes about Boardroom actions in a VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous) world.
- The team from Steinbach & Partners shared their experiences of the last 30 days in Shanghai during this time in a Q&A format.
- TriVista Recruitment assesses the state of supply chains and how to handle the disruption.
Leadership & Crisis Communications
- Pekarsky & Co.'s newsletter The Ampersand features an inspiring letter, Coming Together While Staying Apart.
- Preng & Associates shares a message from their President, David Preng.
- Russell Reynolds Associates shares 10 enduring lessons on Driving Leadership Performance and Development in a Crisis.
- Sheffield Haworth informs that it's business as usual.
- Sheffield Search reflects on businesses two weeks into COVID-19.
- Slayton Search Partners considers How CHROs are Responding to COVID-19.
- Stanton Chase offers best practice ideas for leading through this crisis.
Thoughts on Remote Working
- Alder Koten reminds us of key things to consider before diving into a work-from-home situation, plus how to help lead your remote teams.
- Hightech Partners shares tips for both candidates and interviewers, during COVID-19 and beyond.
- Spencer Stuart provides 6 Tips for Mastering the Art of Video Interviewing
- William Vanderbloemen of Vanderbloemen Search Group shares 8 Cardinal Rules of Running a Virtual Meeting.
- WittKieffer offers Guidelines for Leadership Candidates while video interviewing.
Take Care of Your Health—Mental & Physical
- Ccentric Group posts about mental health in the workplace and lists helpful programs dedicated to this initiative.
- Fisher Leadership presents 'Breathing Space': a new executive mental health and well-being initiative to support high performance leaders operating in high pressure environments. They also post the most requested COVID-19 solutions as they embrace business as usual.
- Raines International provides a thoughtful reflection on What Happens When Life Happens.
Stay Informed and Be Prepared with AESC
The most important reaction to the coronavirus should be the health and safety of internal staff and team members. We at AESC are actively monitoring the status of the outbreak around the globe. We are assessing daily how our association can best serve our members and the well-being of our staff.
AESC is focused on adding value for our members during this challenging time. We will be facilitating enhanced virtual programming to connect members with expert business leaders on leading with agility, strengthening client relations in uncertain times, and more.
AESC is committed to supporting our members, their clients and all whom are affected by the Coronavirus. Here are recommended resources for business leaders as they lead through uncertainty.
Focus on the Future
We speak a lot about leaders needed to be agile and flexible in changing times. Now more than ever, we need to respond quickly and effectively, lead with purpose, and think for the future, not just today. This is a time to strengthen and fortify your client relationships. Now is the time to step up as a trusted advisor in these trying times.
Please keep us updated on any significant developments impacting you and your organization.
Dedicated to strengthening leadership worldwide, together we can stay true to our purpose and navigate this trying moment with resiliency and agility.