IDEA Powered Leadership
Business leaders know that attracting and retaining executive talent is a top priority in order to deliver value to all stakeholders. In today’s business climate, leaders must leverage the full spectrum of talent to maximize strategic growth and innovation.
As trusted advisors, AESC Members know first-hand how diverse talent and inclusive cultures offer organizations a competitive edge. We view diversity in the broadest sense. Our areas of focus and support include gender, gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, culture, disability, political affiliation, academic background, socio-economic background, experience and perspective. Discover how AESC is working collaboratively with our members to be leaders of change.
The AESC Diversity Pledge
We share a commitment to combat racism, prejudice, and discrimination within our own organizations, with candidates and the clients we serve, and in our communities.
We pledge to use our collective voices and actions to help create a world that is inclusive, diverse, equitable and accessible for all. Download the pledge.
Our Pledge in Action
AESC Members agree that building diverse leadership teams starts with an understanding of the role and the necessary core competencies. An executive search established upon diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) will include a broad range of candidates who demonstrate a holistic summary of the skills, qualifications, and experiences necessary to excel in the role. For that reason, AESC Members have jointly agreed they will not support targeted search assignments that exclude any candidates, except in the limited circumstances where positive action is permitted by law.
The IDEA difference
Read the latest thinking from AESC and our members
View all thought leadership
AESC recommendations on additional reading from other trusted sources
- 30% Club & Deloitte | Women in the Boardroom Report
- McKinsey | Diversity and Inclusion Portal
- Catalyst | Diversity and Inclusion Portal
- HBR | Diversity and Inclusion Efforts that Really Work
- 30% Club | Research & Articles
- Paradigm for Parity | 5 Point Action Plan
- Ernst & Young | 2020 Parker Review Report
- Paradigm for Parity® Coalition | Best Practices for Prioritizing Diversity and Inclusion Amidst the Pandemic and Beyond
- Pacific University | Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Glossary