Heidrick & Struggles 2020 ESG Report
In a new annual report, Heidrick & Struggles outlines its efforts and discloses its progress across environmental, social and governance initiatives.
Referencing both Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) frameworks, the newly-released report delves, in-depth, into Heidrick & Struggles' commitment to serving client needs, leading on diversity and inclusion, supporting its employees and communities and prioritizing environmental sustainability.
Key highlights from the report include:
Diversity & Inclusion
- 37.5% of the firm's Board of Directors are women, and 25% are people of color
- 50% of the CEO's direct reports are diverse
- In 2020, launched global Diversity & Inclusion Practice, integrating its executive search and leadership consulting capabilities to deliver comprehensive D&I strategies designed to increase diverse representation and build and develop inclusive organizations
- Also in 2020, at the Board of Director level, 61% of the firm's U.S. placements were diverse; globally, more than 60% of the firm's initial proposed Board candidates were diverse, exceeding its Board Diversity Pledge
Philanthropy and Charitable Giving in 2020
- Donated more than $57,000 to COVID-19 relief efforts
- Donated roughly $340,000 to charities worldwide
- Completed over 1,000 hours of pro-bono work
- Committed to begin offsetting the firm's carbon through the purchase of carbon offset credits through Indigo Ag, starting in 2021
- Instituted a new Supplier Code of Conduct, which address expectations around protecting the environment, including: complying with all environmental laws and regulations where the firm operates, minimizing environmental impact of operations where possible and establishing targets and measuring progress toward established environmental goals
- In 2019, established a Global Sustainability Office, a centralized hub for gathering best practices and providing search services for Chief Sustainability Officers