Odgers Berndtson: UK Boards Set to Be More European Post-Brexit
Odgers Berndtson has predicted that the UK’s departure from the European Union may prompt FTSE companies to appoint more international directors – notably from the EU27 countries.
Other revelations on the impact of Brexit on companies and top hires include:
- Higher import and export costs are a key concern for senior executives in both Germany and Ireland (where many US multinationals are based)
- In the technology sector, relief at continuing investment is tempered by concerns about access to international specialists
- In Life Sciences, companies are re-calibrating and viewing the UK as a potential base for activities like clinical trials rather than a European hub
- Belgium reports professional services firms “staffing up” new EU hubs to service European clients and represent UK companies in Brussels
- UK-based companies are looking for finance heads able to drive automation against a backdrop of lower economic growth