Witt/Kieffer: Reinventing Leadership in Higher Education
Witt/Kieffer surveyed 14 sitting college and university presidents on how they are undertaking strategies to help their institutions thrive. The system of higher education is changing due to the combination of triggers including the financial crisis, global competition and disruptive technologies.
The drivers reshaping higher education are:
- Alternative forms of higher education such as online courses
- The value proposition is no longer valid
- Issues of cost, funding and return on investment drive much of the decision making
- President must set the tone and bear the burden
- The CFO plays a vital role
- Leadership must work together to achieve the end goal
- Support from the trustee is critical
The full report is published on Witt/Kieffer’s website. Read the full report.