Alder Koten: Implementing Commitment-Based Management
The best laid plans and most brilliant strategies mean nothing if the ideas aren’t put into motion and executed. Alder Koten’s CEO, Jose Ruiz, discusses the importance of managers following through and turning potentials into deliverables. He specifically looks at the management style developed by Fernando Flores and Terry Winograd, commitment-based management (CbM). When following the guidelines of CbM, each team member on a project commits to a specific output in a specific timeframe.
Ruiz looks at the five ways a leader using this commitment-based management style can enhance performance:
- Communicate positively and publicly.
- Communicate and negotiate clearly.
- Facilitate project management actively.
- Deliver outputs explicitly.
- Take note of delivery details.