Sheffield Search: Are You On Board with Onboarding?
According to The Sheffield Leadership Survey, most organisations claim to have an onboarding or induction process. Despite this, it takes most firms 6-12 month to get new leaders up to speed, and 1/4 said it takes more than 18 months.
Sheffield Search asks the tough question, have you reviewed your onboarding programme lately?
Here are just a few tips to consider to maximize performance and job satisfaction early on:
- Giving new employees a practical understanding of where their role fits into the bigger picture
- Facilitating prompt network building with key people
- Ensuring there is an assignment and key areas of work to focus on
- Determining coaching and/or mentoring requirements and other personal development support to get them up to speed fast
- Setting up regular catch-ups to hear their insights and discuss their progress