Spencer Stuart: Successfully Recruiting an External Partner in Professional Services
In the professional services industry, the demand is high for top talent. Client challenges are growing more complex and the expertise and amount of talent needed within the firms are growing with it. Pointing out that many organizations within the industry are having trouble preparing the next generation talent quickly enough, Spencer Stuart discusses how many professional services firms are hiring external partners.
Although it can be risky to recruit externally, Spencer Stuart offers the following 5 tips for a successful outside hire:
- Identify prospective candidates
- Manage the interview process
- Prepare early for the offer stage
- Go the extra mile in assessing cultural fit
- Create a tailored onboarding plan