Ccentric Group: 2019 Ccentric Interim Survey Results
Demands and Drivers in the Interim Market in Australia
Since launching CcInterim, Ccentric Group noticed a steady growth in the interim market in Australia.
The 2019 Ccentric Interim Survey results have been collated from 109 survey participants, 94% of whom work in the healthcare sector, with 70% of these operating at Executive and Director level within their organisation.
Overall, the results show an increase in people looking at interim positions and there is an increasingly positive perception of the interim market.
Here are a few highlights:
- The average length of an interim assignment is three to six months, up from 1 week to 2 months in the 2016 survey.
- The majority of the interim workforce was over 45 years of age.
- Almost 70% of the interim workforce uses an agency when looking for a new interim role.
- The most common motivators for employees to consider interim appoints include a good work-life balance and the opportunity to gain experience in new sectors or job positions; whilst the main reasons for employers to hire an interim workforce is to fill a short term gap or that specialist skills were required on a project.
- Nearly 80% of respondents have confidence in the interim market and ease of obtaining an interim contract.