Russell Reynolds Associates: Insurance CEOs
In a recent report Russell Reynolds Associates examined the background and experience of CEOs at top-performing insurance companies and recent shifts of CEO profile.
Among the findings:
- Half of the CEOs have worked exclusively in insurance
- A lack of diverse sector experience, most have held multiple roles
- International experience common for CEOs of top-performing insurance companies
- Little gender diversity at the top
- Majority of CEOs were appointed internally
Russell Reynolds projects that the areas for focus going forward in the research process are innovation in terms of distribution channels, technology and international experience.