Russell Reynolds Associates: 2019 Global & Regional Corporate Governance Trends
Russell Reynolds Associates interviewed a global mix of institutional and activist investors, pension fund managers, proxy advisors, and other corporate governance professionals regarding the trends and challenges that public company boards may face in the coming year. They dive into the insights from the U.S. and Canada, the EU, the United Kingdom, Brazil, India, and Japan.
Here are the 5 key trends they expect to see in the governance space.
- Board quality and composition are at the heart of corporate governance.
- Deeper focus on oversight of corporate culture.
- Investors placing limits on shareholder primacy and emphasizing long-termism.
- ESG continues to be a critical issue globally and is at the forefront of governance concerns in some countries.
- Activist investors continue to impact boards.