2014 AESC Client Speaks Report
The AESC’s latest client survey results highlight the turning point in the evolution of the search industry. This year’s findings show search firms are responding to increased demand for advisory services, including a deep understanding of clients’ needs beyond onboarding.
- 73% of respondents believe that their use of retained search will either increase or stay the same during 2013.
- Retained search is challenged by in-house recruiters in leadership consulting services, where it is believed that in-house recruiters have stronger understanding of organizational culture.
- When asked about their level of satisfaction with confidential services, clients prefer the services provided by executive search.
- Only 25% of the respondents said that none of their searches are posted online. While this indicates that social media and internet job boards are here to stay, their influence maybe overstated.
- 85% of respondents either ‘strongly agree’ or ‘agree’ that they want to build a stronger relationship with executive search firms in the future and there is clearly greater appetite for more interaction with a search firm in order for the client to truly feel that they have retained the services of a ‘trusted advisor’.