Korn Ferry: Digital Leadership in Asia Pacific
Korn Ferry research indicates that leaders across Asia Pacific are not yet digital-ready and risk derailing digital sustainability initiatives by perpetuating legacy ways of working. They also hear from many leaders who understand the need for change, but are struggling to balance performance expectations today, while innovating for the future.
According to Korn Ferry’s digital sustainability research, failure to act now risks the future success of the business and has real and quantifiable bottom-line impact. The research also pinpoints people as the lynchpin of digital sustainability.
First, leaders must personally transform in order to inspire and engage their people and create a more open, agile and networked culture to power performance.
Transformational leaders are critical in ensuring that organisations leverage new technology by driving business impact in 4 key ways:
- Changing current business models
- Impacting products and services
- Creating new customer experiences
- Identifying new ways of working
Three ways to kickstart the shift to a digital mindset:
- Know what you need versus what you have: Understand the capability your organisation needs to drive your success in a digital world and be forensic in understanding how well you have the capability you need to achieve it. Understand the organisational enablers and inhibitors affecting their contribution.
- Build the leadership to drive your strategy: Be clear about who are the core leaders to run your business versus those who can digitally transform your business. Align and build leadership capability so that they can work in a more highly networked and agile way. Give transformational leaders the platform to impact change, innovate products and services, drive customer experience and implement new ways of working.
- Create and align symbols of change: Create a clear culture that brings technological change into the domain of business. Value the core while creating an all encompassing transformational culture that drives fail-fast innovation and collaboration with internal and external networks. Build a results oriented culture that is grounded in both agility and discipline and focus.