Amrop: Quest for Talent
Across all industries and geographies, there has been a shortage of talent. A report from Amrop finds that the stakes are even higher for the mining industry. In order for the industry to sustain a stable future, mining and technical engineers are needed. Graduates with relevant skills are taking opportunities in other industries that offer more rewards and benefits.
In order to attract talent, the industry needs to:
- Work more closely with academic institutions to prepare graduates for the future
- Provide development programs to prepare students for a career in the industry
- Develop a long-term investment in individual’s skills and assessment
- Include reward assessment programs to keep with the trends in other industries
- Create a formal and visible career path
The full report is published on Amrop’s website. Read the full report.