AltoPartners: What corporates can learn from entrepreneurs in family-owned companies
Although there have been many financial backsets in the past 20 years, such as the 2008 financial crisis and the global pandemic, many family-owned businesses persevered through it all and bounced back relatively easily.
Albert Froom, Managing Partner Leaders Trust / AltoPartners the Netherlands and Global Practice Leader of Financial Services, says that these strong business performers represent over 60% of businesses in most European countries.
AltoPartners uses the help of their in-house managing partners to describe what corporate companies can learn from robust family businesses. The sections are designed as the following:
- Here to stay – long term outlook for sustainability
- Company culture – mutual trust is a cornerstone
- Innovation for the long run
- Corporate social responsibility is ingrained in the business
- Are family businesses perfect?
- Successful governance in practice