Witt/Kieffer: Chief Diversity Officers Assume Larger Leadership Role
Witt/Kieffer reports that there has been an increase in chief diversity officer searches, especially among private colleges and universities.
The title given to the CDO position varies across institutions but a majority (54%) of the respondents are members of their institution’s leadership team. Over two-thirds of respondents (69%) report that their presidents are engaged in their institution’s diversity strategic planning process and diversity initiatives.
Among the functions assigned to today’s CDO include:
- Diversity strategic planning
- Diversity training
- Institutional research and/or campus climate surveys
- Multicultural student recruitment and financial aid policy
- Student programming
- Faculty recruitment and retention consulting and support
- Curriculum review
- HR and Affirmative Action policies
- Diverse alumni relations
The full report is published on Witt/Kieffer’s website. Read the full report.
Thought leadership category