Odgers Berndtson: Eight Human Capital Trends and Recommendations for 2021
With the unprecedented events of 2020 transitioning into a still volatile 2021, all aspects of the aerospace & defense sector have been impacted in transformative ways.
These include talent and human capital, which was highlighted from layoffs in the commercial aero sector; unprecedented declines in travel, which of course has led to Zoom and Microsoft Teams meetings; growth in markets such as space; the new Biden administration and shifting priorities; and changes in the ways organizations work and recruit.
Some of these changes may be transitory, for instance, the cancellation of the Paris Air Show, but after a year of COVID impact, other changes may be more lasting. As we look ahead to 2021, here are the trends we suggest looking at and our key recommendations:
- Agile leaders
- Divergence between Aerospace & Defense
- Accelerated growth in space, unmanned, AI, and Cyber
- Diversity & Inclusion – momentum and action
- A new administration = new ways of doing business
- Services, Training and simulation
- Accelerated recruiting process
- M&A drives leadership changes