Spencer Stuart: The New Culture Conversation
Managing and shaping culture can be a step-by-step process. New research from Spencer Stuart shows how culture, when aligned with strategy and leadership, drives organizational outcomes.
Here are a few takeaways from the article:
- Culture should be viewed as a foundational business system and managed as such. A company's culture can make or break a great strategy or the most experienced executives.
- Managing culture requires a definition and a model. An organization should also start with a clear understanding of what culture is.
- When setting a target culture, think about external forces for change, strategic direction, and how to motivate the current workforce.
- Select and develop leaders who support the culture you want.
- Boards should understand the role organizational culture plays in business performance.
Read the full article to understand how to work to shift culture in your organization.