Critical Insights Delivered at Elevate 2017 in New York
This past March, we proudly held our annual Global Conference in New York. Nearly 200 individuals from 64 firms and 18 countries attended the two day event. The conference provided the unique opportunity for attendees to network with their peers in a non-competitive enviornment and attend discussions on timely issues impacting clients and the profession. The event showcased opportunities and issues that the profession is facing as well as best practices for attendees to take back to their organizations.
From leadership to artificial intelligence to the state of the global economy, attendees gained critical insight on issues impacting the profession. Richard Cannellos of Epsen Fuller Group remarked that the content was “timely [and] relevant to our profession and practice.” Highlights included:
- Bart Van Ark, Chief Economist of the Conference Board provided important insight into the global economy and how political changes are shifting views across industries.
- Andrew Sobel, author of Power Questions and leader of our Client Relationship Management Certificate program, shared practical insights for developing strong client relationships and adding value for time.
- Kevin Cashman, Senior Partner, Korn Ferry and last year’s AESC Lifetime Achievement Award winner, inspired us by discussing what it takes to be a transformative leader.
- Karen Greenbaum, President and CEO of AESC, presented findings from the State of the Profession report shedding insight on trends and opportunities for the nearly $13 billion profession.
- Michael Chui, Partner of McKinsey Global Institute highlighted remarkable advances in robotics, artificial intelligence and how this will impact productivity, connecting the dots from Bart’s presentation on the global economy. He also facilitated a leading edge client panel, exploring the real impact on business.
- Lauren Leader Chivee, CEO of All In Together, provided us with a deeper understanding of the unconscious biases that each of us have and how to leverage diversity for greater financial performance.
At the Global Conference, we also honored the following individuals for their significant contributions:
- Peter Drummond-Hay, AESC Lifetime Achievement Award
- Julie Daum, AESC Award of Excellence
- Thomas Fuller, AESC Commitment to the Community Award
- Pilar Brogeras, Future of the Profession Award
We are proud to recognize and award our members for their commitment to meeting the highest standards of quality and professionalism. Karen Greenbaum notes that “our 2017 award recipients are outstanding examples of how AESC members both serve client organizations worldwide as trusted advisors and give back to their communities, too.”
A new feature of our Global Conference this year was Member Spotlights. These short segments throughout the event provided AESC members the opportunity to discuss local initiatives where they are collaborating with members and media to advance the profession.
Save the Dates
This year’s Global Conference was full of thought-provoking content that emphasizes the value our profession brings to clients across all industries and regions of the world. Janet Jones-Parker stated that “this was a perfect balance of all aspects of a conference!”
We encourage you to register for our upcoming inaugural Asia Pacific Conference on July 17 in Sydney or our European Conference on November 9 in Brussels. And mark your calendars for April 11-12, 2018 for our next Global Conference and Boutique and Independent Firm Forum.