Kincannon and Reed is a global retained executive search firm focused exclusively across the industries of food and agriculture. Since its founding in 1981, we have been true to our mission of recruiting leaders for the organizations who feed the world and keep it healthy. The K&R team is comprised of leaders with search expertise as well as individuals with executive experience from the very industries we serve. This balanced combination delivers uniquely qualified leaders for our clients. Our search professionals work in a remote environment with a collaborative team-oriented culture. For more information, please visit our website at www.KRsearch.com.
The Director of Information Technology will manage and direct the company’s information technology (IT) operations, ensuring the department provides efficient and effective technical support services. The position is remote and reports directly to the President.
In this position, you will be responsible for the effective and efficient operational support of all third-party and internally managed IT systems used to support all business processes across the organization. The Director of Information Technology is a highly technical hands-on position. The ideal candidate should be willing to handle anything from highly technical issues down to the occasional helpdesk support issue when necessary.
- Support/explore areas to utilize technology to improve business processes and/or results that are consistent with the Company’s goals and strategies.
- Identify, develop, and maintain outside resources to provide IT capabilities and accomplish Company projects related to systems, software, and hardware.
- Ensure Company system contracts and licensing is current and complete. Negotiate and develop any new required licensing.
- Lead and manage IT and/or other business projects.
- Manage IT operating and capital budgets.
- Drives cross-functional collaboration on IT initiatives between the IT team and key stakeholders (i.e. Finance, Sales & Marketing, and Search Delivery).
- Develop IT policies and procedures to ensure governance, consistency in standards, and ability to leverage common systems and tools, including but not limited to: Thrive TRM, K&R website, OneDrive, KRIS, SharePoint, and QuickBooks.
- Analyze the business requirements of the Company to determine IT needs.
- Evaluate and monitor the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Identify/evaluate the need for upgrades, configurations, or new systems; and report any findings to the President.
- Establish guidelines for new personal computer purchases, including minimum requirements and compatibility. Guidelines are to be updated annually and published on KRN.
- Build relationships with vendors and negotiate cost-efficient contracts that benefit K&R.
- Confirm established onboarding and offboarding procedures are completed.
- Ensure all new team members are up and running with all necessary K&R and MSP software.
- Verify all exiting team members are fully offboarded with their data backed up.
- Develop and implement training and support best practices to utilize technology and increase efficiency.
- Develop, implement, and monitor a strategic and comprehensive information security and IT risk management program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of all information owned, controlled, or processed by K&R.
- Currently this position has no direct reports.
Candidate Capabilities for Success
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, combined with confidence and a strong desire to contribute to a team-based, service-driven culture.
- Diversified background of both technical infrastructure and demonstrated project management experience; excellent vendor management skills; and a superior, service-oriented approach to IT operations.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and intellectual curiosity.
- Action-oriented; and deals with problems immediately.
- Ability to interact with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and candidates with differing styles and egos, while understanding and respecting individual priorities.
- Self-directed with the ability to effectively hit deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the latest technology for IT systems and management, including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent analytical and management skills.
- Thorough understanding of IT and practical applications to support the Company’s goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/IS preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience managing an IT department.
- Experience in a professional services environment preferred.