The Research Associate plays a crucial role in supporting the executive search process across a variety of industries and functions. Working closely with Principals and/or Partners the Associate is responsible for identifying, engaging and evaluating potential candidates, taking ownership of the research and sourcing phase.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct pre-briefing research before a Client/Partner briefing, in order to have a foundational understanding of the client and role, enabling astute and relevant questions to be asked at the onset of a search kick-off.
- Develop a search strategy that includes compilation of target list, screening criteria, deliverables and timelines.
- Conduct thorough research, and map target companies to build lists of suitable candidates that reflect the client briefing received.
- Use a variety of sourcing techniques to identify relevant candidate profiles.
- Prepare role specifications using the information provided by the client and Partner during the briefing.
- Conduct in depth screening to qualify candidates and ascertain the fit with the role specification and the criteria agreed with the Client or Partner.
- Develop a longlist of candidates to present to the Partner or Client.
- Schedule interviews for the Partners with longlisted/shortlisted candidates.
- Ensure an exceptional experience through excellent candidate and client communication.
- Balance deadlines and deliverables for multiple searches at a time.
- Regularly update the database to ensure that the information stored is accurate, up to date whilst maintaining GDPR compliance.
- Continuously seek to gather and disseminate candidate, market and industry intelligence.
- Support Partners in preparing for client meetings and pitches; conduct pre-meeting market research analysis.
Educational Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to Degree level
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Research focused environment and preferably 1 year of which should be in the Middle East and Executive Search market.
- Good stakeholder management and ability to build trust and rapport.
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships.
- Superior oral, interpersonal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong intuition for culture fit.
- Adaptable and comfortable dealing with ambiguity and change.
- Innovative and proactive with an ability to develop creative solutions.
- Very organised with a track record of excellence, efficiency and delivery.
- Self-starter with the drive, motivation and ambition to succeed.
- Team player with a collaborative approach and passion for knowledge sharing.
- Ability to multitask and plan workload autonomously.