Sheffield Haworth is a global talent consulting firm advising customers on people and transformational change. Our aim is to help individuals and organisations realise their potential. Our solutions span Executive Search, Consulting, and Talent Development and Advisory across the Financial Services, Consulting, Technology and Services sectors.
Established in London in 1993, Sheffield Haworth has undergone significant growth and expansion, now employing over 140 professionals in 12 global offices throughout the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific regions, with a client list that includes a substantial number of leading global organisations.
The firm has grown through several successful acquisitions over the last few years. These include nbi consulting in 2017, forming the business and professional services practice; Gillamor Stephens in 2018, forming the Digital & Technology Practice; and most recently S&H Consulting in 2019, who provide independent consulting services as part of our consulting solutions capability.
At Sheffield Haworth we believe in providing an equal and inclusive working environment for all our employees. As a challenger consultancy around people and change, we actively encourage diversity of thought and we embrace and respect different cultures and backgrounds. This encourages diverse perspectives and different ways of doing things which reflects the needs of our customers and allows our business to evolve to be more agile and adaptable to different markets.
Overview of the Role
We are looking for multiple client facing consultants and senior client engagement directors working across the different Sheffield Haworth practices to originate Executive Search and Talent Advisory services within the China market and other areas as and well required. This role is also responsible for originating, executing, and nurturing an ongoing book of business in line with the Global Practice Group Business plan in order to meet and exceed their personal annual indicative target.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate their suitability to meet the following profile:
- Professional – Well presented, articulate and confident
- Results-driven –Has a track record of producing high quality results (the level to which will influence the base remuneration).
- Has integrity - Operates in an ethical fashion and takes responsibility for own actions.
- Pro-active – Anticipates the needs of client/candidate/manager. Responds to changes in the market place and can act quickly when opportunities arise.
- Tenacious – Can demonstrate persistence and resolve (over the phone, via email and in person) with the ability to
- Problem solver – The ability to think laterally in order to solve problems.
- Relationship Builder – Has an established network of contacts and the ability to build good relationships at all levels – internally and externally. Good written skills, good verbal skills
- Well organised – Effectively manages time and is able to meet and fulfil deadlines. Can work in a structured fashion following procedures as necessary.
- Knowledgeable – Has effective and up to date knowledge about their market/other markets and demonstrates the ability to learn more.
- Organisationally aware – understands the concept of a Company Culture and can demonstrate the ability to adapt to such a culture.
- Self-motivated but also can work as a team – Has the desire to achieve but can balance this with the ability to work together to achieve a common goal.
Consultants responsibilities fall into the following key performance areas:
• Meet and exceed annual indicative target.
Marketing, Origination and Market Knowledge
- Use appropriate sales, business development and marketing techniques in order to attract business from client companies and build effective relationships with clients for own franchise as well as the Company’s:
This will include
- Marketing your internal profile: regularly communicating and building relationships with consultants in other practices and overseas offices to leverage relationships, share ideas and market intelligence; this may include giving presentations to colleagues.
- Acquiring and continually building on an in-depth knowledge of the sectors and products serviced by your market.
- Mapping relevant markets and keeping abreast of any changes affecting the market place including organisation/management changes and capitalising on any arising opportunities.
- Establishing and increasing market profile e.g.: compiling, distributing and leveraging from market information, organising events, creating relationships with relevant journalists/publications and submitting articles, attending networking events, maintaining relationships with previously placed candidates.
- Arranging, preparing and attending client business development meetings/client pitches.
- Cross-selling other practices/company’s and Joint Ventures.
- Maintaining a diverse pipeline of clients in addition to deepening key client relationships.
- Using the appropriate search techniques execute searches in order to generate revenue.
This will include:
- Utilising, building and maintaining a client/candidate network on the Global in-house database in-line with company protocol.
- Ensuring (or be instrumental in ensuring) that all relevant data is efficiently and correctly recorded on the Global in-house Database, Outlook or the Office Files as appropriate
- Maintaining and adhering to Sheffield Haworth’s regularly up-dated off-limits list.
- Issuing high-quality and accurate client facing documentation in-line with company and client standards/formats (e.g. proposals, research documents, CVs, candidate profiles).
- Managing an effective search process for both candidates and clients by working to agreed timeframes and deadlines.
- Selecting the appropriate candidates for the client company.
- Interviewing candidates in a way that represents both the client and Sheffield Haworth in a professional light.
- Anticipating clients’ needs and maintaining a consistent and effective communication platform between both parties.
- Managing effective negotiation between clients’ and candidates leading to the successful placement of candidates.
SH Values & Ethics
Sheffield Haworth employees adhere to the following set of values. The successful candidate will show attributes which will complement the firm’s ethos in this respect.
- We are committed to always deliver what’s best for our clients. We aim to be diligent, thorough and unbiased, and to create innovative solutions and exceed expectations. We’ve spent the past 25+ years doing so and will continue to put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
- We foster strong, respectful relationships and deeply value our clients and our colleagues. We work as one firm and succeed through teamwork, collaboration, inclusion and valuing diverse points of view.
- We operate at the highest levels of ethics and integrity at all time. Our integrity guides principled outcomes that impact our clients, our colleagues and ourselves. We are stewards of excellence and consistently demonstrate our values.
- We are all accountable and our shared success depends on our talented individuals taking initiative, owning opportunities and seeing things through. We take pride in our own results and are always accountable for our actions, inactions and results.